Welcome to PCEI
We connect people, place and community. Our programs encourage sustainable living, provide experiential learning, and offer opportunities for serving in our community, while actively protecting and restoring our natural resources.
If you’re passionate about restoration and environmental education, we invite you to learn more about our current open positions. Click below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- Assistant Facilitator for Nature Explorers Kids Program
- Restoration Technician, AmeriCorps
- Environmental Educator, AmeriCorps
Visit Our Nature Center and Nature Preserve
Below are some things to do while visiting the Palouse Nature Center:
- Have a Picnic! Even on rainy or snowy days, you can eat under our covered pavilion
- Walk, Stroll, or Roll along our universally accessible pathway
- Explore over a mile of trails (please pick up after your furry companions!)
- Bring the kids to get fresh air and healthy exercise
- Get Pumped on our kid-friendly Pump Track
Growing Our Community One New Member at a Time
A message from Doug Heckman, PCEI Board President
We’ve enjoyed a banner year at PCEI. We’ve put a ton of effort into planning meaningful education programs, restoring at-risk stream ecosystems, hosting fun parties and events, and keeping up with maintenance at the PCEI Nature Center and Rose Creek Nature Preserve.
To maintain and grow our programs, we also need to maintain and grow our PCEI community. Memberships help us improve PCEI’s natural spaces, provide more stellar events, and deliver more educational programs. Plus, a strong membership base gives us more credibility and strength when applying for grants. Please consider joining the PCEI community.