Seeking Assistant Facilitators for Nature Explorers Kids Program
The mission of the Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute (PCEI) is to increase citizen involvement in the decisions that affect our region’s environment. We aim to connect people, place and community. Our programs encourage sustainable living, provide experiential learning, and offer opportunities for serving in our community, while actively protecting and restoring our natural resources.
PCEI has three immediate job openings for Assistant Facilitators to help lead our Nature Explorers Program. The Assistant Facilitators will work directly with the Nature Explorers Director and students ages 6-12 yrs. Assistants will be asked to facilitate nature-related lessons and activities each month that will include: outdoor learning, service projects, sustainability, environmental lessons, art and outdoor play. This program is offering three unique options and we are seeking facilitators to work all shifts listed:
1. After-School Camp (Tuesdays -Thursdays, 3:00-5:00pm, Fridays 2:15-5:00pm)
2. Homeschool Session (Wednesday 10:00am-2:00pm)
3. Nature Explorers Professional Days (7 dates throughout the school year, mostly Thursdays and Fridays 12:30-4:30pm). Sessions begin in early September 2021. We are seeking Facilitators to work any of these days and times; it is not required to work all days or times listed to apply.
Program objectives include:
- Creating safe learning and exploration opportunities for youth of varied ages
- Modeling and encouraging prosocial behaviors
- Working well with the Director and other Assistants and engage students
- Enthusiasm for the mission of PCEI
- Passionate about connecting with and supporting children
- Creativity, patience and the ability to lift and move about 30 lbs
- 1+ years experience working with 1st – 8th grade students in formal and informal environments
- A pre-employment or post-hire background screening and criminal history check
- CPR/First AID Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working at an outdoor camp or in an experiential education program
- Bachelor’s degree in education, science, technology, restoration, engineering, arts, mathematics, sustainability, ecology, conservation, environmental studies, human development, or another related field.
This is a contractor position, paying $13-15 per hour. Work hours will include set-up and take-down before and after shifts. Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Nature Explorer Director, Brooke Lowry firstname.lastname@example.org.