Women in Science, Technology, Restoration, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics
As one of the premier providers of environmental education on the Palouse, PCEI is always looking for new and creative ways to get people of all ages exploring the natural world.
As such, we are thrilled to announce the return of STREAM Team—a week-long, STEM-inspired day camp. This program exposes young women to hands-on, technologically appropriate applications in the STREAM fields. Additionally, participants have a chance to engage and interact with local, women professionals.
Are you a girl entering 7th, 8th, or 9th grade in the fall who is:
- Excited about her future?
- Always looking for new adventures?
- Interested in meeting new people and making friends?
- Wanting to change the world?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then STREAM Team is for you!
When: Monday, July 31st-Friday, August 4th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Where: Each day starts and ends at the PCEI Nature Center (1040 Rodeo Drive, Moscow) with daily scheduled field trips throughout the Palouse.
Cost: $50 program fee. Payment plans available. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to enroll: Applications are on a first come, first served basis. Click here to apply.
- Monday – Introductions, team cohesion, and confidence building. Lauretta Campbell from Hyperspud Sports joins us to install a slack line and helps us begin our STREAM journey.
- Tuesday – What’s in your water? We’ll explore water quality health with specialists from EcoAnalysts. Later in the day, we’ll test our macro invertebrate identification skills in the field.
- Wednesday – Playing with fire! Participants will meet University of Idaho fire researcher & atmospheric specialist, Kara Yedinak to learn about fire behavior. We’ll tour the iFIRE lab and set-up our own fire experiments.
- Thursday – TBA
- Friday – How do art and science interact? Can one help inform the other? Participants end their STREAM journey with a final hurrah at Wild@Art.
If you are interested in donating to or sponsoring this program, please contact PCEI at email@example.com OR donate today (write STREAM Team in the “additional comments/instructions” section)!