The Clearwater River in North Central Idaho derives its name from the Niimiipuutímt (Nez Perce) term for “clear water.” It runs westward from the Bitterroot Mountains along the Montana/Idaho border until it joins the Snake River in Lewiston, ID.
Clearwater River Watershed
South Fork of the Clearwater
- South Fork Clearwater River Watershed Native Vegetation Establishment Project, A Multiple Landowner Cooperative, June, 2010
- South Fork Clearwater River Restoration Project, Kirtner Property, May, 2006
- South Fork Clearwater River Watershed Riparian Restoration – Rylaarsdam Project (Threemile Creek), May 2006
- Lindsay Creek Animal Management Project, Walton, Cowger and Neilson Property, July 2007
- West Fork Little Bear Creek Restoration Project, Troy High School Property, December 1999