The Education Program has a wide variety of resources to loan to local schools. Please contact PCEI’s education team to reserve supplies, field guides, or learning bins for your classroom. A donation for the use of materials is greatly appreciated for the general upkeep and continued replenishment of materials.
- Orienteering Bin: This bin contains compasses and directions for setting up a game to help your class learn compass basics.
- Rainforest Bin: Books and interesting artifacts (skins, butterfly specimens, and more) will enhance your rainforest lessons.
- Oceans Bin: If your class is studying oceans, this bin will supplement your lessons with a variety of specimens (coral, sea turtle, walrus tusk, and Helmet Shell), an ocean floor map, and books.
- Tree ID and Forest Measurement Bin: Materials include measuring tapes, tangent tree height guides, tree ring dating kit, box of tree cookies, clinometers, and calculators.
Rockies Trees and Wildflowers Pocket Guide, Idaho Birds Pocket Guide,Weather Pocket Guide, Pond Life Pocket Guide,Rocky Mountain Tree Finder Pocket Guide,Peterson First Guide to Butterflies and Moths,Peterson First Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians,Peterson First Guide to Insects, Peterson First Guide to Birds Trees of Idaho
Supplies you can borrow
- Berlese apparatus
- Petri dishes
- Water quality monitoring eqipment
- Pond and stream study equipment
- Wildlife pelts
- Weather station
These handy fact sheets cover the basics of a variety of environmental topics. Use them to brush up on some ecology for a unit you are teaching or to be better informed for that next public meeting. Each sheet includes a list of references for more in-depth study. Click a topic below to download the pdf Fact Sheet.
Aquifer Basics Water Quality State Groundwater Designations Moscow Aquifers Palouse Water Use
Restoration and Trees:
Riparian Areas Palouse Trees Wetlands Stream Dynamics