The Education Program has a wide variety of resources to loan to local schools. Please contact PCEI’s education team to reserve supplies, field guides, or learning bins for your classroom. A donation for the use of materials is greatly appreciated for the general upkeep and continued replenishment of materials.
- Orienteering Bin: This bin contains compasses and directions for setting up a game to help your class learn compass basics.
- Rainforest Bin: Books and interesting artifacts (skins, butterfly specimens, and more) will enhance your rainforest lessons.
- Oceans Bin: If your class is studying oceans, this bin will supplement your lessons with a variety of specimens (coral, sea turtle, walrus tusk, and Helmet Shell), an ocean floor map, and books.
- Tree ID and Forest Measurement Bin: Materials include measuring tapes, tangent tree height guides, tree ring dating kit, box of tree cookies, clinometers, and calculators.
- Rockies Trees and Wildflowers Pocket Guide
- Idaho Birds Pocket Guide
- Weather Pocket Guide
- Pond Life Pocket Guide
- Rocky Mountain Tree Finder Pocket Guide
- Peterson First Guide to Butterflies and Moths
- Peterson First Guide to Reptiles and Amphibians
- Peterson First Guide to Insects
- Peterson First Guide to Birds Trees of Idaho
Supplies you can borrow
- Berlese Apparatus
- Petri dishes
- Water quality monitoring equipment
- Pond and stream study equipment
- Wildlife pelts
- Weather station
These handy fact sheets cover the basics of a variety of environmental topics. Use them to brush up on some ecology for a unit you are teaching or to be better informed for that next public meeting. Each sheet includes a list of references for more in-depth study. Click a topic below to download the pdf Fact Sheet.
Restoration and Trees: