In honor of PCEI’s 30th birthday, PCEI hosted a special Artwalk event, Art Out of Doors. This celebration featured the work of local artists’ interpretations of art made out of existing doors. Since its beginning in 2004, the Moscow Artwalk has become one of the many arts and cultural activities that make Moscow a vibrant community. This year’s event was again a huge success (see photos from PCEI Artwalk 2016: Art Out of Doors).
Open the Doors to Art and Nature Auction
Art Out of Doors pieces are currently on display in the Green Barn Gallery throughout the summer (unless we sell out). Swing by during regular office hours, make an appointment or check them out on Fridays from 4:00-6:30 PM at our Pubbin’ on the Patio events. All pieces are for sale and can be bought outright or through our bidding process. Instructions are posted below (under the slideshow).
Any remaining pieces will be put up for auction at the Open the Doors to Art and Nature Auction on August 30, 5:30 PM – 9:00 PM. Join us for a night of art and community as we auction off these unique and beautiful works of art. There will be food and drinks and a very entertaining auctioneer! Proceeds from the auction will support local artists and PCEI in celebration of our 30th birthday!
Bidding or Buying: Here’s How It Works
- Artwork that is not sold at the Artwalk event or during the summer months will be accessible to the public during “viewing” periods, such as PCEI regular business hours and special events such as Pubbin’ on the Patio, and the Summer Soiree and Swing Dance on July 13th.
- All pieces that are not sold outright during the Artwalk event or during the summer months will be auctioned off. The live auction event (“Open the Door to Art and Nature”) will take place on August 30, but bidding may take place throughout the summer months leading up to August 30. The Live Auction will start at the highest bid shown on the bid sheet. (There will be a Silent Auction for the smaller pieces. The starting bid will be $30.00 for those pieces.)
- Interested buyers may make a minimum bid of $300.00 on the door or doors of their liking. Those that choose to make a bid may do so by writing their bid on the bid sheet, in person, at PCEI in the Green Barn Gallery, or by contacting PCEI staff members, Joan Alexander or Sandra Kelly, at 208-882-1444.
- Higher bids can be made throughout the summer months, in person, or by contacting the above mentioned staff members. If there are no “early” bids made before the auction date then each door will start with a minimum bid of $300 on the evening of August 30.
- It will be made clear to bidders that if an individual wants to purchase a door outright at the “Buy Now” price, bidders are taken out of the running.
- Pieces will be photographed and posted on the PCEI website and on social media sites.
- 70% of the proceeds from the sale of art will go to the artist, and the remaining 30% will be contributed to PCEI.
Photos from previous PCEI Artwalk events
- PCEI Artwalk 2015: Featuring the art of Jennifer Rod and Brady Boone.
- PCEI Artwalk 2014: Art In Action
- PCEI Artwalk 2013: Artwalk Inside An Artwalk
- PCEI Artwalk 2011: Community Adirondack Chair Art Project
- PCEI Artwalk 2010: An Artwalk Inside An Artwalk