How do you become a Pullman Stream Steward?
Already a stream steward? Pay your annual fee of $20 here.
List of Guidelines
Your safety is important to us. Please review the guidelines below to protect yourself during stream cleanings, while also respecting private property.
- Clean with a partner during daylight hours only
- Wear high visibility clothing, closed toe shoes/boots, and gloves
- Avoid cleaning near roads or other hazardous locations
- Do not disturb wildlife (especially nesting birds with young)
- Be conscious of flowing water and avoid cleaning during high flow events
- Leave natural and woody debris in the stream for the benefit of the ecosystem
- Respect PRIVATE PROPERTY, especially gardens and landscape plants. PCEI has secured permission to access the private land along the creeks for the purpose of cleaning the stream.
- Pick up garbage and recyclable material that has been littered on the ground and in the stream. Keep recyclables separate from garbage and dispose of accordingly.
- E-mail the following to PCEI Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Date of stream cleaning
- Number of participants
- Approximate amount of garbage and recyclables collected
- A photo of your group’s hard work!